Microservices provide many advantages as a way to modernize an application
- Microservices are a great way to compartmentalize the various roles of an application.
- They can help you prove out some of the concepts of modernization of an application.
- Implementation of microservices often results in cost-savings, efficiency savings, and increased speed and agility.
- Microservices provide a purpose-built function that delivers consistently and at scale.
Steps to implement microservices
- Define the separation of responsibilities at both a technical and business level. Understand the demands from both sides of the organization.
- Create alignment between the business objectives and how microservices will help achieve each objective.
- Understand where you’re at today and where you want to be with the implementation of microservices.
- In order to get from where you are today to where you want to be with microservices, refrain from overcommitting and trying to do too much at first.
- Put the right team behind the project and provide them with the resources necessary to be successful. At the same time, put boundaries in place to ensure they remain on the path to success and don’t steer off course.
Start your application modernization journey
We are here to help you modernize your legacy applications and add value to your business.