Windows Application Modernization Accelerates Government Brands’ Customer Growth
- Customer Name: Government Brands
- Territory: SLED
- Region: US-East
- Vertical: SLED
- AWS MRR: $180,000
- Competitive Win: No
- Publicly Referenceable (Y/N): Y
- AWS Workloads Associated with Win: Lambda, Dynamo, API Gateway, RDS, Cognito, ElastiSearch,
Customer Profile: Government Brands (GB) is a private equity-backed software holding company that offers SaaS services to thousands of government customers of all sizes in all fifty states. GB’s solutions integrate payments and streamline, automate, and enhance back-office workflows and overall government operations.
The Opportunity: Government Brands wanted to expand its portfolio of offerings and purchased a legacy software company with a product that hundreds of municipalities use to manage and collect real estate taxes. GB intended to offer the product to thousands of other new customers. However, the acquired software’s architecture consisted of client software installed on local Windows PCs in municipal offices and Windows Server backend installed on a “bare metal” server in a local data center. If the legacy product couldn’t be transformed affordably into a configurable, multi-tenant SaaS offering with scalability and resiliency, then GB wouldn't be able to grow the customer base quickly and the value of the acquisition’s would diminish greatly.
The Solution: The Government Brands’ private equity advisors had worked with Prime TSR on similar application modernization projects and invited Prime TSR to conduct a four-week assessment of the product, recommend a modernization approach and estimate the effort and cost to transform the product from a legacy Windows locally installed two-tier application into a modern SaaS application.
How We Won:
- Bias for action – The approach managed the customer’s risk and avoided a lengthy decison making process by adopting the use of small, concrete deliverables created quickly vs a long, comprehensive assessment heavy with paper deliverables.
- Funding - The team used $60k of Windows Modernization to fund the assessment; $k funding anticipated to offset the modernization SOW.
Strong Windows & serverless skills – AWS SMEs and Prime TSR’s Windows .net and serverless experience reassured the client that the approach was proven and durable.
Members of the team
AWS Rep: Michael Watson
Prime TSR AE and Solutions Architect: Geremy Reiner (greiner@) and Wally Walikainen (email@example.com)