Who we are:
Prime TSR is an award-winning boutique Cloud consultancy with a diverse group of senior technologists that come with heavyweight consulting backgrounds and a passion for modernizing technology.
- Catalysts for digital transformation with an extreme focus on modernizing companies with Cloud-native solutions
- Partner with Fortune 1000 companies across industries including healthcare, insurance, and professional services
- Advanced AWS Partner
- Microsoft Managed Partner
- #10 on Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago
Where we see this role going:
- We are constantly pushing the envelope with regards to building ‘Modern Applications’, leveraging emerging technologies and practices in the Cloud. Skills and knowledge come quickly and are constantly being put to use in our projects.
- Over time, as Engineers hone and expand their craft, the challenges also expand, providing a virtuous cycle of meaningful experience and higher impact/value; this, in turn, fuels greater satisfaction in the outcomes you produce. Constant learners and knowledge sharers are rewarded in our ecosystem.
- Engineers are being groomed to make the jump into leading projects and teams as an architect; morphing from a team contributor to a team and technology leader.
The hats you may wear:
- Team Contributor – solid team ‘citizen’ within a high-performing engineering team performing application delivery for critical Client engagements; reporting into a main tech lead / Architect who relies on your skills and autonomy towards producing great work.
- Perfectionist and Pragmatist – huh? how can you be both? This is the enigma of Professional Services; we strive for the highest quality in our work, but also acknowledge the importance of priorities, timing, and minimum viability, all based on Client feedback.
- Problem Solver – roll-up-your-sleeves, expert troubleshooter; borderline obsessive about tracking down root causes and solution options for problems of all sizes.
- Cloud Technologist – driven by an interest and love for technology; our emphasis is in AWS and Azure.
- Critical Thinker – autonomy and decision making are key expectations; want people that will think, analyze, maybe even challenge gracefully their day-to-day work.
Real World Competencies and Examples:
- Specialize in Application Engineering: If you are comfortable as a ‘go-to person’ for specific tools/skills/approaches as well as being a peer reviewer, this role is for you.
- Internal Influence/Impact: If you thrive as an accountable team player, deriving great satisfaction and pride from bringing value and expertise to your teams, this role is for you.
- Impact Aware (Client-Facing): If discovering and measuring the Client impact of your work excites and motivates you, this role is for you.
- Coach: If you enjoy sharing knowledge and advising your peers – maybe even formally as a mentor - this role is for you.
- Clear Communicator: If you are comfortable and capable of delivering clear and timely updates to those around you, this role is for you.
- Love For Software Engineering: Kinda goes without saying, but this is what we do. If you love to engross yourself in the patterns and practices of software development with an emphasis on quality, this role is for you.
- Delivering full-stack applications into the Cloud; both traditional n-tier and microservice architectures (BTW, we deal with a ton of .NET in AWS)
- Multi-Cloud Curiosity - AWS is huge for us; Azure is great and applicable to learning AWS; GCP is kinda interesting to us
- Architecture design, patterns, and estimation skills
- Serverless development experience
- Relational and NoSQL databases (SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Automated Unit Testing (AUT) practices
- DevOps pipelines for automated deployments of code into Cloud environments
- TypeScript with Angular, React, and/or Vue